Selamat Hari Natal - Merry Christmas!
In the latest issue of Among Worlds magazine (December 2006), we tried to include Christmas greetings in as many languages as we could fit (into the space that was available) on the inside cover. I know that many greetings were not visible - but we ran out of space!!!!!
Many of you are probably busy with last minute gift buying and wrapping, or with decorating your home. If you didn't "make" time to mail out the yearly newsletter or Christmas card, remember that you can still use the internet to send greeting cards and email newsletters!
For some, this is a time of separation from family and loved ones. Separation during special times/holidays is not easy - nor should it be treated as something trivial. As TCKs, we all remember that feeling of being apart from those we love. I have no golden words, no verbal balm to offer, except to say that I understand and empathize! So...what to do, you ask? Well...volunteer at a homeless shelter, visit a children's ward at your local hospital, help out at an orphanage, give a gift of cleaning a friend's house or apartment, take some home-cooked meals to an invalid or to someone who is house-bound...there are numerous ways to keep busy, give of your time and best of all, make others feel special! Doing that reaps rewards back to you!
See you in the New Year!
From my heart to yours,
Margie
Editor, Among Worlds magazine
Friday, December 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Merry Christmas, Island Girl!! Hope you are relaxing on the veranda. Maybe I'll be able to join you some time.
Merry Christmas back to you, Anonymous! Mimosas on the veranda are something to be shared - so come on over! :-)
MU
Great work guys. Good resources here, very useful. Your web site is helpful. I will bookmark!
- www.amongworlds.blogspot.com v
spaghetti alla carbonara
Post a Comment